Saturday, June 21, 2008

Let's ask Tony ...


No not Tony Nunziato, but Council Member Tony Avella what he thinks about QC statement that Anthony Como only won because he is Italian and the Italian American voters are too stupid and shouldn't be allowed to vote.
I found this very interesting statement on CM Avella's official page on the New York City Council website:

"As Chair of the Italian American Caucus, Tony has promoted Italian culture and heritage through an annual celebration at City Hall in October during Italian American Heritage Month. Tony has also been in the forefront of fighting the negative stereotyping of Italian Americans."
Wow ... This is the guy running for mayor? Yet he stand with QC and JPCA with their anti-Italian hatred?
Well, I figured I would give him the benefit of the doubt and wrote him the following open email:
To the Hon. Tony Avella,

In light of your position as Chair of the Italian American Caucus, the statement that you "have been on the forefront of fighting the negative stereotyping of Italian Americans", and your candidacy for Mayor of New York City, I would like to ask you to please comment on the following posting on the Queens Crap (QC) blog site (posted on Thursday, June 19, 2008) that has been one of your strongest supporters:

"After speaking with voters who participated in this month's special election, I have come to the conclusion that Anthony Como won based on mistaken identity. I noticed many people were mispronouncing his last name, so I dug a little deeper. And when phrases like, "I thought his father did a decent job as governor so I figured he'd be good" and "I guess politics runs in his family" are bandied about, then it's easy to put two and two together. (These are the same people who voted for Alan Hevesi years back because they thought he was Italian.) So, although the corrupt election process may have had something to do with the outcome, most of the blame has to be put on the blatant stupidity of voters in western Queens."

It seems clear to me and all the proud Italian Americans in CD 30 that this posting by QC is deliberately insulting to all the voters of CD 30 (especially to the Italian American voters), and is blatantly very stereotyping of Italian Americans.

I ask that you please comment on your feeling about this anti-Italian American posting and also how can you stand with a group like QC (in like of these statements) that is so transparently anti-Italian American.

I will be posting this email and your response to the same on my blog at http://queenscrap2.blogspot.com/

I anxiously await your reply.

Sincerely,

QC_Reflushed

Let us all see what the Hon. Tony Avella (Chair of the Italian American Caucus) has to say!!
(Picture taken from Queens Crap)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't think he'll respond.

Anonymous said...

You've got a better chance of Willie Randolph praising Jerry Manuel than Tony the phony commenting on QC or JPCA in an honest light. Quite simply, the man is a whore with no political integrity.

Anonymous said...

Well, it CM Avella ignores the email from QC_Reflushed and dosn't respond, then I guess the local Italian American organizations should be made aware of the posting and write to him.

Anonymous said...

I have to disagree with you QC_Reflushed, I think you should ask Tony Nunziato what he think about that posting from his friends at JPCA.

Doesn't he belong to an Italian American Organization?? (Does anyone know the name of it?)

And he is running for public office, therefore I think he should comment on it!

qc_reflushed said...

Ok, I’m not too proud to stand corrected.

I’ll be glad to ask Tony Nunziato, Candidate for State Assembly, what he thinks of the posting on QC.

Does anyone have an email for him or campaign office?

Anonymous said...

The name of the Italian-American organinization Tony Nunziato belongs to is; UNICO
http://www.unico.org/

qc_reflushed said...

Well, I have to believe that Tony Nunziato, candidate for State Assembly, has an email … doesn’t anybody have it??

I checked out his website and didn’t find it .

Nor did google find anything for his campaign.

Come on now, I know that someone must have it … please give to me or I’ll have my Italian friends come knocking on your door!! (Just kidding)

: )